Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Guy Talk-I Want A Man Like My Daddy

Guy Talk

I Want A Man Like My Daddy

1. Considerate
2. Gentle
3. Puts God first
4. Respectful
5. Loyal
6. Supportive

This is just a snippet of a list I made when I was fourteen. It was a list of all of the qualities I wanted in a future husband. A list that I would stick to. A list of standards that I would uphold in my future relationship endeavors. To this day, I’ve returned to my list when considering relationships I want to pursue. It has saved me a lot of heartache.

The list I made was not one I carelessly whipped out. I prayed about this list and contemplated each item that I decided to add. This list wasn’t hard though, because I already knew what I wanted in a man. I wanted a man like my Daddy. Not my Dad on Earth… my real Dad: my Father God.

God wants only the best for us. He wants us to have someone who will love us unconditionally for who we are, regardless of what we have, who we know, how popular we are, or what we could give. 1 John 4:8 tells us that “God is love…” We know that this is true, and adjacently it makes 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 all the more powerful:
“Love is kind and patient,
never jealous, boastful,
proud or rude.
Love isn’t selfish
Or quick-tempered.
It doesn’t keep a record
Of wrongs others do.
Love rejoices in the truth,
But not in evil.
Love is always supportive,
Loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
Love never fails.”

Wow. Insert the word “God” for the word “love” in those verses because God is love. Amazing, isn’t He? Why wouldn’t I want God’s best love for me? God is all of those things, but He also wants us to have these same qualities in our future husband: a man who is kind, patient, loyal, hopeful, trusting, always supportive. Lean on these standards God has provided for you.


Do you have a relationship question for JOY? We're here to offer sound, Christian advice and our prayers. If you have a question or a prayer request, email JOY at: joyfilledgirls@hotmail.com.

Heather Grace

No comments: