Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Author Interview - Mandy H.

Hey all you girls out there! My name is Mandy Joy! Yes my middle name is Joy and Joy is the theme of my life! I love life and all the people around me. I am an auntie of 10. Yes, TEN! I have 5 siblings. So my family is big! It is a lot of fun. When I am not spending time with my family, I am reading, knitting, blogging, swimming, biking, crafting, making jewelry, etc… I love doing crafty stuff when I have time. Recently I started memorizing scripture. I memorized Isaiah 6:1-8. Great verses. I found that if I put the verses on an index card and carrying them with me, I can memorize them in my spare time. I am looking for ways to grow in my relationship with Christ and how I can reach other for Him! I pray that JOY will help you, too, grow in your relationship with Christ!



*What is your favorite passage of the Bible (right now anyway)?
Well, my life verse is 1Thessalonians 5:16-18.  Some of my favorite Bible verses right now are Isaiah 6:1-8. These verses are helping me to rely on God and have Him lead me!

*What is your favorite season? Why?
Summer is my favorite season. I love when it's warm out and I love swimming and boating and just being in the water. Next is fall because it is kind of part of summer and it is cool and you can still do things outside.

*What kind of a person is your role model?
Moms are my kind of role models. My mom is one of my role models because I want to be a mom someday and there are a few other “moms” that are my role models. I want to be someone who has such an open home just like my mom!

*What is the one thing you couldn't leave the house without?
My Purse…and maybe a bag. My purse or sometimes it is more of a bag that has everything I could ever need. And in that purse or bag, I have to have a book. Always be prepared. There has been too many times when I haven’t had anything to do with me and had to wait for something. I now am always prepared with a well-stocked purse and a book!

*What is your weakness snack?
POPCORN. I love popcorn. And popcorn balls. It is a comfort food. And if my snack was a drink, then I would want a coke icee. I like smoothies and icees!

*What is your favorite quiet place with God?
Outside. I love being surrounded by His glory and creation, sitting under a tree or somewhere close to one. Being by anything that God created.

*What is your favorite type of book to read for fun?
I like chick lits! I like the whole princesses and princes and knights and ladies and even pirates. I like modern day, historical, and some mystery (if it is not too much). If it is a good Christian book and has a good “hook”, it has to really “catch” me!

*What do you think God is teaching you right now?
Right now God is teaching me to wait on Him and His timing. I recently graduated from high school and also with two years of college. I do not know what I am doing next. All I know is that I have to wait on Him and let him lead me. Isaiah 6:8 says, “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"” I am learning to say, “Here am I, Send me!”. ¬

*Tell one silly quirk you have.
Tell I have many. One is that I love purses and bags. There are very few people who know how many bags I truly have. To show you just how much I love them, I have bought two in the last month. I love bags!

No comments: