Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Author Interview- Rachel R.

Hi! I’m Rachel, the newest author here at JOY. I am looking forward to writing each month and hopefully encouraging you girls out there! Aside from writing for JOY, I also have my own blog (homeschoolblogger.com/read). I just finished my freshman year of high school and can’t wait for another good homeschool year. For now, though, I will enjoy my summer break with my family. Life with twin brothers and two sisters is quite an adventure! Well that’s it for now, but I know I’ll talk to you again soon!




What is your favorite Bible passage?
I don't really have a favorite, but I like to read 1st and 2nd Timothy because they were written to Timothy as a young person, like me. I try to follow 2 Timothy 2:22, "Flee from the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call out to the Lord out of a pure heart."

What is your favorite season? Why?
Fall. I love the cool air and brilliant colors, plus it means my birthday is near!

What kind of a person is your role model?
My mom is the biggest role model in my life. She loves God so much; it often overflows and makes me want to love God even more too! That is the kind of person I have as my role model.


What is the one thing you couldn't leave the house without?
A pad of paper to write down any ideas for stories that comes to me. They always pop into my head at unexpected times and I forget about them unless I write them down!

What is your weakness snack?
Anything chocolate!

What is your favorite quiet place with God?
A "prayer chair" that my grandmother and mother used to pray in.

What is your favorite type of book to read for fun?
I love to read historical fiction. One of my favorite series is about Elsie Dinsmore. She is an inspiration even though she isn't real! I love to learn about real people too.

What do you think God is teaching you right now?
To trust that He will provide. I moved recently, away from family and friends, so I am learning to rely on Him for new friends. He's providing!

Tell one silly quirk you have:
I dance around my house. A LOT. I can barely take two steps without doing a little pirouette or arabesque (I used to take ballet). And the basement just happens to be the perfect spot for doing a grand jete...

No comments: