Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Of Snow and Sunblock

The snow clings thick to the tree branches in my home-state of Minnesota. Ice twinkles on the tops of mailboxes and trees. Stepping outside, I can see my breath when I breathe out. I’m all bundled up for a day of skiing! I grab my skis, my poles, an extra pair of gloves, and the sunblock. Oh yes! Sunblock!

Now, you may be thinking, “What? Sunblock in the winter? I thought that was summer item!” Yes, it is, but it is also a very commonly forgotten about winter item. When the sun reflects off of the snow, it intensifies the light. Because it is cold, we don’t often notice the sunshine our skin is receiving. Remember to add some sunblock to your beautiful face before heading outside! Your skin will remain fresh and naturally glowing.

By Heather Engh

No comments: