Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Choose Life

Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

As the New Year begins, it makes me think of new life and new beginnings. You may make resolutions of things that you would like to do in the next year and look forward to events of the year. For me, I am looking forward to birthdays and new births in my family. As we begin this new year, this new chapter in our lives, we need to remember an important thing. Deuteronomy 30:19 says that we need to” choose life”. I believe that this means we should make the most of every single day. This year, I challenge you to live every day to the fullest. Try something new. Help someone in need. Try out for a sports team. Surprise your parents with a coupon to babysit your siblings so they can go out. Put a smile on your face and spread the cheer around. Choose this year to live your life for God and He will bless you!

By Mandy Heffron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! May it be so in all of us this year.
Thanks Mandy!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautuful thought!