Did You Know…?
12 Days of Christmas song
…Every verse of the song represents something of the Christian Faith.
…Some of them have more than one meaning.
1. The partridge in a pear tree represents Jesus Christ on the cross.
2. The two turtledoves represent the Old and New Testaments or the 2 gifts Mary and Joseph brought to the temple.
3. Three French hens stand for faith, hope and love OR the trinity OR the gifta that the wise men brought.
4. The four calling birds represent the four Gospels.
5. The five gold rings represent the Torah (Law), the first five books of the Old Testament.
6. The six geese a-laying stand for the six days of creation.
7. Seven swans a-swimming represent the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
8. The eight maids a-milking represent the eight beatitudes.
9. Nine ladies dancing are the nine fruits of the spirit (Gal.5).
10. The ten lords a-leaping represent the Ten Commandments.
11. Eleven pipers piping stand for the eleven faithful disciples.
12. Twelve drummers drumming symbolize the 12 points of belief in the Apostles Creed.