Tuesday, May 31, 2011

“But Take Heart...”

“…I have overcome the world.”  
Jesus said in John 16:33.

Sometimes, some days, we get overwhelmed. We feel everything pulling us down. And we don’t know what to do or what to hold on to. We feel as if everything is changing, everything is out of our control.

These are the times in our lives that we need to remember that there is Someone to hold on to, Someone that will always be there for us and who will never change. In Revelation 22:13, it says, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” Jesus is telling us that he will be with us forever.

So as you know from my intro letter, I have had a lot of changes in my life lately. And the one or two I mentioned did not cover everything. On May 26, I felt the burden of these changes. And on that day, the Lord gave me something special. I was reading my devotional book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and on that day, I read the perfect devo. It was talking about change and about Jesus always being with us. It reminded me that He is always with us and will always be there for us. One of the verses that was included in the devotional was the verse that I started this devotional with.

John 16:33

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Jesus reminds us that as Christians, our lives will not be easy. But in the midst of it all, He will be with us and He has overcome the world! And that will, ultimately, bring us peace!

No comments: