Thursday, July 1, 2010

Natural Glow-H2O

Natural Glow

H2O

Have you ever seen someone with a beautiful complexion? Skin that radiates with a healthy glow? Wonder how they got that glow?

A simple way to get healthy, fresh skin is by drinking plenty of water. Our bodies are made up of about 70% water. According to the Mayo Clinic, we should drink eight 8 oz. glasses of water per day. (Although this will vary slightly per person) During the summer months, we lose a lot of water in the heat via sweating and time in the sun. It is important to keep skin cells revived by hydration. Healthy skin is hydrated skin.



My challenge for you this month is to drink at least one glass of water a day for a week. Forming good hydration habits can start slowly then build into a lifestyle change. So start with at least one glass of water a day, then increase the number of glasses you drink. It may be helpful to create a checklist for yourself as a reminder to hydrate. A good trick for me is to pack myself a large container of water when I leave the house. Before I re-enter my home at the end of the day, I must have drank the container of water.
I never really was much of a water drinker. When I did hydrate, it was usually water filled with flavoring and sugar. It wasn’t until my move to England, when I couldn’t find my flavored water, that I started drinking pure water. I noticed a positive change in my complexion within a week. Soon, I increased the amount of water I began drinking to a healthy amount. My skin quickly showed clean, fresh pores; my body felt revived; and I had more energy during the day. It was a change that led me to a new lifestyle.

By Heather

Do you have a hygiene or make-up question for JOY? Email us at: joyfilledgirls@hotmail.com.

No comments: