Thursday, July 1, 2010

By Faith...Grandma Ruby

By Faith...Grandma Ruby
 A few months ago, my grandmother, Ruby, went to be with her Savior. I want to honor her this month because her birthday was July 4th, 1920.

Grandma Ruby lived By Faith. Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see”. Grandma Ruby was sure and certain. She didn’t always talk about her faith, but you could tell she lived it out and believed. She loved to read her Bible and we knew she prayed. She also practiced her faith. My mom always told me stories of her hospitality. My grandpa would bring guests home for lunch without my grandma’s knowledge and she would provide for them. She also passed her gifts of hospitality down to the next generations. My mom learned it and has taught it her daughters, too. My grandma was never a person to get upset and she always had a smile for you. She was extremely patient and full of grace. She lived by faith and she died in faith.  I loved my grandma very much and I miss her very much, but my grandma taught me something. She shared her faith in gentle ways, showing love to all she came in contact with. She taught me you need to LIVE by faith because if you live “by faith” others will see it and they will be encouraged to live it out, too.
Even though you cannot see Who you are living for, if you live in faith, others will see it.

By Mandy

No comments: