Saturday, July 7, 2012

Consider Your Calling...

This is something I posted on personal blog about a week ago.  I have been thinking a lot lately about the place in life that I am. Am I where I am supposed to be? Am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? Most importantly, am I living my life to the glory of God and boasting in Him?

So what is my calling? Many times we get catch up in thinking we are no good enough, strong enough, or smart enough, and we are not...But through Christ's work on the cross, God gives us the strength and the wisdom we need. He takes what we see as unusable and creates new life! So, let us boast, not in ourselves, but in the Lord, because it is through Him that we are who we are today and He will use us to do His work!


These verses show that God uses us all, just as we are, for His glory! Our weakness demonstrates His power! We are to boast in Him!


1 Corinthians 1:25-31 ESV
 
For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."


No comments: