Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Luck of the Irish?

Guy talk
Luck of the Irish?

Recently, I made a little trip to Dublin, Ireland. Being part Irish, I really got into the shamrocks and “luck of the Irish.” It is now the month, if you are Irish…or if you pretend you are just for the holiday…to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

I may be part Irish and may have really enjoyed the “luck of the Irish” theme during my trip, but truly, I don’t believe in luck. Especially when it comes to men. I know that God has someone picked out just for me. If I trust God, listen to Him, and do what He calls me to do, the rest of my life will fall into place. Trust, trust, trust.

It’s letting go of that steering wheel and allowing Him to guide me. It’s a tricky thing though! Remember those “trust tests?” You know, the ones where you would catch your partner, who would fall backwards into your arms? I always did have a hard time with those “trust tests.” Trusting God to guide me and place that perfect guy in my life is a difficult thing to let go of. But once I let go, everything falls into place more marvelously than I could ever have planned. Best thing about trusting God? Unlike those “trust tests,” He will never let you fall. It’s not luck; it’s trust in our Abba.

By Heather Engh

No comments: