Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Helping in the Harvest - miss elaini ous'

I don't know if you remember or not, but a couple months ago JOY Blog featured Miss Elaini here on the blog. She was featured both in "By Faith" and in "Helping in the Harvest". I would like to once again share with you the interview from May 2011 that I did with her for Helping in the Harvest. I would also like to encourage you to give to this cause!

In 190 days, this wonderful lady has raised $45,000 for orphans!!! Misselainious' goal is to raise $50,000! Please, consider helping her reach her goal by the end of the year!!!

You can do this by:

1. going to her website (http://misselainious.com/) and then going to the link that says "GIVE NOW".

2. Or Text ORPHAN to 52000 to give $10.

Please consider how you can be "helping in the harvest"!

Below is the link to both of the interviews that miss elaini ous did for JOY Blog. Also below is the Helping in the Harvest article! 
Links:


P.S. Make sure you check out her "12 Days of Christmas"!


 Interview with Miss Elaini
This is the "one dress"!
Photo by Christ Taylor***




Photo by Christ Taylor***
• Can you tell us what you are doing right now?
I am wearing one dress for 100 days to raise $50,000 for orphans in India. I am blogging the picture of each different outfit daily. :)

• Why did you decide to wear one dress for a hundred days?
I saw another woman Sheena from the Uniform Project (she wore the same dress for a year!) and I decided that she had a brilliant idea.

• Who are you helping?
I am helping orphans in India through Warm Blankets Orphan Care.


How to Help

• How can we help and get involved?
Please spread the word. I have no illusions that I can raise $50,000 on my own. Or if you are really ambitions do a small fundraiser (bake sale, music night, etc.) in your community and then donate the money to the project.

Photo by Christ Taylor***
PRAY

• How can JOY readers pray for you and the people you are impacting?
Wow, thank you. Please pray for strength for me. Due to my health issues and a lot of responsibility I need grace. Pray that others would hear about this and give to hurting orphans. Pray for the orphans as they adjust to having a home and food. They have a lot of scars, pain, and insecurity. They worry if they will have food for the next day and often have to be given a loaf of bread to convince them to go to sleep.

GIVE

Photo by Christ Taylor***
• How can JOY readers give to this cause?
Go to misselainious.com and click on the Give Now button and donate! Even a dollar matters and counts. Everyone has 4 quarters right?



IN YOUR COMMUNITY

• What is something that JOY Blog readers can do right in their communities to help?
Become informed about orphans and then tell others. We have been given so much and it is a joy to give back.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’  

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Matthew 25:35-36 & 40 (NIV)

Links:
Website: http://misselainious.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misselainious/163820663674079
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Misselaini

 Also, check out this month's By Faith for more on Miss Elaini!

***Used with permission from http://misselainious.com/

No comments: