Monday, September 6, 2010

The School Year Begins!

Modest Dressing
It’s Fall!
The School Year Begins!

All across America pencils are being sharpened. It’s back to school time! Another school year is upon us! Whether you are homeschooled or go to public or private school, new fashions for fall can excite you! Who doesn’t like a new outfit?

And yet a new outfit doesn’t make the person! God made you unique and perfect in His eyes. God looks straight past your new fall look and directly at the beautiful woman you are inside. Are you learning each day how to be a better daughter for Him? What can you do to let God’s love shine out of you and toward others?

I’m a pen-to-paper girl. So something that has really helped me keep my focus on my relationship with God has been a written reflection. I write down areas of my life that I feel I have improved and things that have brought me closer to my Father God. I then write down the areas in which I’d like to improve. Contemplate….am I all who God wants me to be? It only takes a little bit of time, but it can drastically change your whole outlook. When contemplating a new fall look, remember that attitude and personality show more of who you are than the clothes do! True beauty shines through in who you are, not in what you wear. If you recognize who you are in Christ, His joy will shine forth from you. You will have wrapped yourself in God’s love and you will begin to see yourself from His perspective: a well-loved daughter of the King.

“I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.”
Psalm 139:14

You are a unique creation.

It is so easy to get caught up in choosing how to look by the latest current trends. Although it is fun to incorporate what you have seen others wear or what popular media says is wonderful, you can make choices that are right for you! You are unique and special. Incorporate some new ideas into your already existing unique style to vary things and to make some changes.

A common misconception in women is that they have to look like the mannequins in the store window in order to look “fashionable.” Yet because you are unique and have your own style, you can incorporate some of the latest style ideas into your own style for a pleasant change. It will take your unique look to the next level without changing who you are.


“Looking good” doesn’t mean “costing a lot.” 

Reuse! I cannot emphasize enough the importance of accessorizing! Adding new accessories to an outfit can completely change the look and add a breath of fresh air to the style.

Experiment with your closet by combining new top and bottom combinations and by adding fun accessories to bring the whole outfit together. When I create a new look with the clothes in my closet, often my clothing combination doesn’t appear to match correctly. It’s not until I bring the outfit together with my jewelry and shoes that my look steps up to a whole new level.

When I moved to England, I only brought with me one suitcase of clothing. Yet, even with my limited amount of clothing that I brought with, I was able to make new combinations with my clothes and accessorize them in fun ways to create new looks. I was always asked how many trunks I brought with me to Britain. People couldn’t believe that I had only brought one suitcase!

Take the time to experiment with your wardrobe. You’ll be surprised at how amazing you look by just reusing your preexisting clothes and by adding new accessories! This fall, remember to be unique and true to yourself. But above all, remember that it truly is the inside that counts. You are His creation! He cares about you!

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?”
Matthew 6:28-30

No comments: